Saturday, April 25, 2009

Club Ish

So today I got a call from Carlyne asking if I was still going to watch Alan's Project perform. I wasnt sure because I was gonna go with Jason but he had practice. The reason she was asking was because she was feeling really sick and she needed someone to fill in. So I filled in and the show turned out pretty good even though I messed up but I mean who in the crowd could really tell. But anyways.

I headed over to westlake to meet up with Chris and Cleo because we were going to ride to the venue (Slim's in SF) together and Chris was gonna fill me on a few of the formations and transitions and what not. So I got there and Chris was just telling me a few changes from the original set so I was trying to take in as much as possible. Cleo showed up and away we were to the club. When we got there Alan and Jewel met up with us and we headed in the club. The stage was so small that Chris, Alan, Cleo, Shanna, Jino, Matt and I couldnt even fit. But we made the best with what we had. Once we got on stage ready to perform the DJ didnt have our mix so we had to go grab it from the other DJ that was on the other side of the venue. While Matt went to go grab the CD we were on the stage just setting up and the crowd was hella up in our face so that was pretty tight. I messed up but it was all good. It was a good experience having a crowd who has never seen any of us dance before give us props for what we were doing. But the crowd was really "white washed" so every move we through out there they were screaming but that was tight too! Haha. But before we went on there was this girl rapper/singer who somewhat reminded me of Lily Allen and M.I.A put together. She was cute and she was pretty dope, but her back up dancers or posers were kinda ruing the show for her. Haha. The rest of the night consisted of just listening to a band called "Dizzy Balloon." They were actually pretty good. They kinda reminded me of a Maroon 5 type of band especially because the lead singer sounded like the lead singer of Maroon 5. Haha. The Main Event of the night was a group called "The Cataracs." They were really dope, somewhat like Gym Class Heroes. They had the girls on the stage with them and the whole stage was filled haha. It was tight, anyways..after the place closing up Chris and I headed back to the studio because my car was still there and since theCOMPANY was just ending practice we decided to head inside for a while. When we got there Jino, Ryan, Dez, Artressa, Shaun, Pat, Drew, Aggie, Bryan, Juls, Mallari, Gina, and Lisel was still there so we chilled for a few. Jino brought some beers so I drank ONE haha. But once everyone started packing up I decided to head out too. So here I am now..blogging and chillin at home. So I'll leave you with some candy for your eyes.

Eye Candy
c1
c2
c3
c4
c5
c6

P.S.
My highlight of the night was that the girls at the front of the stage...wanted to touch my hands. HAHAHAHA!! Alright..I felt famous for maybe 2 minutes haha. Anyways...dont forget to come to theCOMPANY workshop this Sunday. It's gonna be a good one. Heres the flier:
workshop

Alright, that's all for now. Goodnight folks.

-Christian

No comments: